Corporate sustainable development integrates economic progress, social development and environmental concerns with the objective of ensuring a quality of life for future generations that is at least as good as todays.
At McGuff, we want to be a company that is known for its leadership in corporate ethics and responsibility. We want a company where employees are proud to work, and our customers, partners and suppliers are excited to do business with us. Our values are the foundation of everything we do. We foster an environment that is open and transparent.
Trust and respect have always been the cornerstones of McGuff's success and they always will be. The values that Gilbert John McGuff and Ron McGuff established over 42 years ago are as relevant today as they've ever been:
- We are passionate about customers
- We have trust and respect for individuals;
- We perform at a high level of achievement and contribution
- We act with speed, agility and deliver on commitments
- We deliver meaningful innovation
- We achieve our results through teamwork
- We conduct our business with uncompromising integrity and environmental concern
Sustainable development is a necessity and is an investment that creates value and secures our future
Sustainability also describes the synergy among meeting the needs of our customers, building our sales and profit, and contributing to the prosperity of our employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers and communities.
In keeping with our philosophy of continuous improvement, we are working to strengthen our performance. Our efforts are wide-ranging, from improving our process of reporting on our sustainability performance to stakeholder dialogue to supplier management to diversity and social values.
Business excellence, as described by the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM), refers to "outstanding practices in managing the organization and achieving results, all based on a set of eight fundamental concepts that bring results orientation, customer focus, leadership and constancy of purpose, management by processes and facts, people development and involvement, continuous learning, innovation and improvement; partnership development, and public responsibility."
We are all committed to improving processes consistent with the company's strategic targets.
We attract and recruit the finest people in the world. We build our organization from within, promoting and rewarding people according to performance. We act on the conviction that the men and women of McGuff always will be our most important asset.
We attract and recruit the finest people in the world. We build our organization from within, promoting and rewarding people according to performance. We act on the conviction that the men and women of McGuff will always be our most important asset.
McGuff is built upon business values that expand the concept of value of the firm beyond economic value to include employee value, customer value, supplier value, channel partner value, alliance partner value, managerial value, and societal value. Many of these forms of value are not directly measured in monetary terms.
McGuff Core Values:
- We always try to do the right thing.
- We are honest and straightforward with each other.
- We operate within the letter and spirit of the law.
- We uphold the values and principles of McGuff in every action and decision.
- We are data-based and intellectually honest in advocating proposals, including recognizing risks.
- We maintain our passion for winning without compromising our integrity.
- We are determined to be the best at doing what matters most.
- We have a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo.
- We are all leaders in our area of responsibility, with a deep commitment to delivering leadership results.
- We have a compelling desire to improve and to win in the marketplace.
- We have a clear vision of where we are going.
- We develop the capability to deliver our strategies and eliminate organizational barriers.
- Through leadership, we build superior relationships with all the parties who contribute to fulfilling our corporate purpose, including our customers and suppliers, universities and governments.
- We respect our McGuff colleagues, customers and consumers, and treat them as we want to be treated.
- We have confidence in each other's capabilities and intentions.
- We believe that people work best when there is a foundation of trust.
Measuring Business Excellence
McGuff evaluates itself to a set of measures to determine if our pursuit of business excellence has been effective. We assess ourselves by using internal measures focusing on proper processes, checks, testing, and external measures.
- Customers are fully satisfied by the quality of our products and services
- Employees develop and use their full potential
- Suppliers choose to work with us as this generates superior value for both
- The larger community appreciates our contribution to the quality of life
- Working more efficiently and reducing the cycle-time of processes
- Working in teams and learning from the best practices of others
- Senior management accepts and implements quality assurance best practices
- Maintaining constant vigil by internal and external auditing of policies and procedures
More About the McGuff Family of Companies
More Than Sales and Service – We're Involved!